Thursday, December 15, 2011

Homegrown Kiwi Fruit




Living in the country has its perks. Often, we get lots of fresh produce from our students. But this year I had a first: homegrown kiwi fruit (^_^).

My student said that when she was a little girl, her father came home one day with a bunch of fruit trees. She thought he was crazy. But in the years following, also liked having fresh, fresh fruit around (^_^). Now, the trees are quite a bit of hard work she said, but very delicious (^_^). They have apple trees, pear trees, orange trees, persimmon trees, plum trees, kiwi trees... a real orchard by the sound of it (^_^). Growing so much fruit--especially kiwi fruit--in Japan is not so common either...

A few days ago a bad storm came through, so she had to save all the little kiwi fruit before they were destroyed. Lucky me (^_^). I have enough kiwi fruit to keep me happy for awhile now (^_^). I guess I have to share with my co-workers....




-- iPhoneから送信

No comments:

 
free hit counter
can you count?
get hit counter html code
a new way to say i like origami fish purple.com japan is pretty great i'm glad you like to read. and choose this blog to read.