Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is the connection


Hello! Konnichiwa! This is my blog to keep up with everyone! We'll see what it turns into... Please please respond to posts every now and then!

Here's the low down... I leave from Indianapolis this Sunday morning (September 28) and will arrive in Nagoya, Japan Monday evening. It's going to be a looong day :) Glad my sis is coming with me :)

I'll be teaching English as a second language (yes, ESL or TESOL or whatever other acronym you want to give it...) in Nishio, Japan at the MEC English School. Here's the web site! http://meceikaiwa.com/ You can click the "English" button on the home page, or google translate it... my profile is under the staff! So surreal....

Nishio is a town of about 100,000 people, so not tiny, not big. It's about four hours by train southwest of Tokyo.

Also, my phone is not going to work over there, so I'm leaving it here. I'll still have access to e-mail (rshirley42@gmail.com) and facebook and this blog!

I'm very excited and can't wait to get over there! And I'm really going to miss everyone...

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a cool adventure, Ruth! Take care and enjoy your time. Their website looks nice...and I like your picture (IABC in Cincy remembered!).

gentris7 said...

Ruth...we are so excited for you! We can't wait to hear of all the stories of this wonderful adventure in your life. Please stay in touch!

Love you so much,
Aunt Mary

Ruthie said...

LOL yes I think it's funny they used that picture :) She told me that it reminded her of some famous American drama, but she couldn't remember which one she was thinking of. :) LOL, we should have our own theme music!

Ruthie said...

Thank you Aunt Mary! Yes I'll definitely keep in touch! (by the way, i love your screen name :) it looks like it should be the name of a video game or something :) but no, just two special kids!)

 
free hit counter
can you count?
get hit counter html code
a new way to say i like origami fish purple.com japan is pretty great i'm glad you like to read. and choose this blog to read.